Don’t you get bored when a computer infection comes back again and again with the same set of tools of trade? I mean, there’s nothing new or significant about MyStartSearch, and yet a lot of users have to suffer this browser hijacker on their computers. From what I gather, not everyone knows how to remove MyStartSearch.com from their browsers, and it is not some lousy adware app you could easily delete via Control Panel. Even so, there is nothing to be afraid of because MyStartSearch.com is not some extra malicious infection. It’s good to be on the cautious side, but you know, if you panic, you’re pretty much done for it.
When users panic, they are bound to make rash decisions that lead to dire consequences. For example, when you get infected with MyStartSearch.com, this browser hijacker modifies your default browser settings (I mean, what else is new?), but at the same time, it provides you with a new search service, adorned with shortcuts to your most commonly-visited websites. How does MyStartSearch.com know what kind of shortcuts to display? Easy, the browser hijacker collects data on what websites you visit, and so it can more or less make a pretty decent guess of what you would want to have for your shortcuts.
Granted, clicking any of the shortcuts would not be a good idea. And the bad news is that users who panic end up doing exactly that! I mean, it doesn’t take a genius to understand that an unsolicited browser settings modification is a serious problem, so why perpetuate it by doing what MyStartSearch.com wants you to do. The same applies to all the additional advertisements that are popping up here and there when you open your browser. MyStartSearch.com might embed all types of content into these ads because the hijacker simply doesn’t care whether the content is safe or not. So, the point is that unless you remove MyStartSearch.com from your PC, you would be in a deep trouble quite soon.
Judging from the way MyStartSearch.com because, this browser hijacker is pretty much the same as Qone8 Virus, Wessearches, V9, Sweet-page, and a galore of other computer infections, all of which get distributed bundled with freeware. I would like to point out that you could avoid getting infected with MyStartSearch.com if you stayed away from third-party sites that promote freeware and adware. There’s no knowing what fake ad you’re going to click next, so you will save yourself the trouble of dealing with MyStartSearch.com if you close that tab right now.
I will now give you general software removal instructions and guidelines on how to restore your browser to default, but that doesn’t mean that MyStartSearch.com will be removed completely. I would get an antispyware tool, if I were you, to run a full system scan for a secondary check-up, because you can just never know…
Manual MyStartSearch.com Removal
Windows 8 & Windows 8.1
- Drag your mouse cursor to the bottom right corner of your desktop.
- When the Charm bar appears click Settings and open Control Panel.
- Select Uninstall a program and remove unwanted applications.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open the Start menu and select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program and remove unwanted applications.
- Click the Start menu button and choose Control Panel.
- Open Add or remove programs and uninstall unwanted apps.
Reset Browser Settings to Default
- Press Alt+T and click Internet options.
- Open the Advanced tab and click Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and press Reset.
- Click Close.
- Press Alt+H and click Troubleshooting information.
- Click Reset Firefox on the new tab.
- Click Reset Firefox on the confirmation box.
- Press Finish.
- Press Alt+F and go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click Show advanced settings.
- Scroll down and click Reset Settings.
- Press Reset.