Hey everyone! Have you ever had a browser plugin installed, and then wondered, why on earth did you install it in the first place? I bet our feelings are mutual when it comes to Tuvaro Toolbar. It’s one of those add-ons that are kind of useful, and then again you would be better off without it. As far as I know, Tuvaro Toolbar is similar to Claro Toolbar and Montera Toolbar, mostly because they are developed by Montera Technologies Ltd. So in a way, this plugin is not a computer threat (unlike what most of the security-related websites might say), yet even so, I suppose you should remove Tuvaro Toolbar from your PC if you are still not sure whether you really need it or not.
What is more, some users completely overlook Tuvaro Toolbar installation steps, which ends up in home page and default search engine modification. It is true that Tuvaro Toolbar comes with a customized search engine and it does provide a search function, but it is highly questionable whether the search results presented by Tuvaro Toolbar are trustworthy.
It all adds up to the conclusion that it is in your best interest to remove Tuvaro Toolbar from your PC. Luckily, this plugin is a not a computer malware application, so it is possible to terminate it manually. All you have to do is follow the instructions below.
Manual Tuvaro Toolbar Removal
- Move mouse cursor to the bottom right of the screen.
- Click Settings and go to Control Panel.
- Open Uninstall a program and remove Tuvaro.
Windows Vista & Windows 7
- Open Start menu and click Control Panel.
- Go to Uninstall a program and remove Tuvaro.
- Open Start menu and go to Control Panel.
- Select Add or remove programs and uninstall Tuvaro.
How to restore browser settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet Options.
- Open General tab and change your home page address. Press OK.
- Press Alt+X again and click Manage add-ons.
- Remove unwanted plugins from Toolbars and Extensions.
- Click Search Providers on the left.
- Set a new default search engine and remove unwanted search providers. Click Close.
- Press Firefox button and click Options.
- Under General tab, change your home page address and press OK.
- Click the search engine icon on the left of search box (top right corner).
- Select Manage search engines, remove unwanted search provider and click OK.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+A and Add-ons manager tab will open.
- Disable and remove unwanted add-ons from Extensions and restart browser.
- Press Alt+F and click Tools.
- Go to Extensions and remove unwanted plugins.
- Click Settings on the left and select Open a specific page or set of pages.
- Click Set page and change your home page address. Click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and click Done.
And you’re done! It is also highly advisable to run a full system scan with a reliable antispyware scanner once you are done with manual removal, because you can never know what other potentially dangerous programs may be installed on your PC. Also, if you have any problem with Tuvaro Toolbar removal, leave me a comment, and we will solve the problem!