You know these sites that aren’t exactly super bad, but then again there’s something about them, that makes you shake your head? Well, PortaldoSites.com is one of these sites. I see a lot of security websites classifying it as browser hijacker so let’s go with it. This website is similar to Qvo6 Virus and other so-called hijackers that change your home page address, your default search engine and what not. Basically, if you want to remove PortaldoSites.com or whatever came with it, you need to restore your browser settings and then run a full system scan with a good scanner to check for other infections.
Now, why am I talking about other infections? The thing is that quite often PortaldoSites.com and similar sites appear on your browser after you download random freeware applications from third party websites. Why? Because freeware apps are often bundled with additional software, that might as well be spyware or even malware. So beware and look closely at what you’re downloading/installing.
Another thing is that PortaldoSites.com looks like your average search engine, and at first you may not even notice anything suspicious about it. However, the problem is that PortaldoSites.com displays customized search results that may not correspond exactly to what you were looking for.This site displays a number of featured links that lead to commercial websites. A lot of third party websites are not reviewed by PortaldoSites.com, so the search engine could be exploited by a third party to display links to corrupted website that distributed malware.
So, as you can see, PortaldoSites.com itself is not exactly bad or anything, but when it comes to associated and third party websites, this search engine could become indirectly responsible for malware infection and that is definitely something we wouldn’t want. Hence what do we do with PortaldoSites.com? Well, for starters, you should remove PortaldoSites.com from your browser. Then run a full system scan with legitimate scanner and check whether you have any other malicious programs on board (chances are that you do). So then, if you’re not a computer expert, I’d say you invest in a good computer security program and remove all the dangerous and undesirable things from your system once and for all.
How to Restore Default Browser Settings
- Press Alt+X and click Internet options on drop-down menu.
- Select Advanced tab and press Reset.
- Mark Delete personal settings and click Reset.
- When Reset is complete, click Close and OK.
- Press the orange Firefox button and select Help.
- Click Troubleshooting information and a new tab will open.
- Press Reset Firefox button and then click Reset Firefox again.
- When the reset is complete, click Finish.
- Press Alt+F and click Settings on drop-drown menu.
- Under On startup select Open a specific page or set of pages and click Set pages.
- Rewrite your home page address and click OK.
- Select Manage search engines under Search.
- Set a new default search engine and remove PortaldoSites.com from the list. Click Done.